Tofu is so, so popular in China! Craving Chinese food? Fear not, we have a great authentic recipe for you that is vegan and amazing. It is incredibly easy to cook and will leave you full and smiling. Want to learn how to make it? We got you covered:
– 350 to 400 grams of tofu, cubed
– 100 grams of shiitake mushrooms, sliced
– 10 grams shallots
– 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil or olive oil
– 3-4 teaspoons of soy sauce
– 1/2 cup of water
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Add the vegetable or olive oil into a large pan or wok and heat it up.
2. Add the tofu and fry until golden on all sides.
3. Add mushrooms, soy sauce, and water. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add salt, and stir everything together.
5. Decorate it with shallots. Feel free to put some green onion or other herbs on top!
Tofu is packed with protein and will help with hunger cravings throughout the day. Mushrooms are one of the only food sources that have a high level of vitamin D which can help guard against depression. Besides, that mushrooms are a great source of protein, fiber, B vitamins and are a powerful antioxidant. Eat as many as you can! They also are great for your immune system.