It is summertime and if you are like us, you love to cook! Summer is the time for simple recipes, such as this awesome vegan fried rice recipe. It is quick, healthy, fresh and super tasty. You will be done in less than 30! Check it out:
– 1 cup rice brown rice
– 1 broccoli cut into small pieces
– 1 or 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1/2 white onion
– 14 ounces of tofu cut into cubes
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
1. Cook the brown rice according to the package directions. You can even cook it the day before and refrigerate it!
2. Heat the oil in a large pan or wok.
3. Cook the broccoli for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the tofu, garlic, and oil, and cook for 4-5 minutes.
5. Add the soy sauce, and brown rice. Allow everything to cook together for 2-3 minutes or until the rice is warm.
This recipe is quick and healthy! It is packed with protein, veggies and good carbs. By using brown instead of white rice, you are consuming complex instead of simple carbs which makes a huge difference in your blood sugar levels. This recipe has a low glycemic index rating and will keep you satisfied for hours.